Learn About Diamonds

 Types of Diamonds


Natural Diamonds

Natural diamonds form deep within the Earth under extreme conditions of heat and pressure. They are comprised of nearly 99.95% carbon, with the other 0.05% reflecting trace elements that aren't part of their essential chemistry — making diamond the only gemstone constructed of a single element. They are the hardest naturally occurring material found on Earth and one of the most sought-after. 


Lab Diamonds

Lab diamonds are optically, chemically, and physically the same as natural diamonds. In other words, they look, feel, and are identical. Their difference lies only in their origins — natural diamonds form within the Earth, and lab diamonds are grown by professionals with specialized equipment. Another difference relates to cost; as lab grown diamonds are less rare than natural diamonds, they often come at a much more accessible price.